Rari Discovery Ride
Discover the peaceful hills of Rari in this two day ride with one night of camping under the stars. You will pass through native forest, cross some hilltops with stunning views and get the chance to take a bath in the natural pools of river Rari during the end of the trip. In summer a stunning sunset and a breathtaking night sky at the campsite are almost guaranteed.
- Trip length: 3,5 days
- Riding days: 3 days
- Riding hours: between 5 and 6 hours
- Meeting point: Linares (bus terminal)
- Number of participants: between 2 and 10 people
- Experience: watching the sunset from a stunning lookout, camping under the stars, bathing in natural river pools
- Sightseeing: native forest, river Rari, view of the Precordillera, view of the volcanoes Descabezado Grande, Cerro Azul
- Level: riders of all levels
- Horses: Criollo horses
- Saddle: Western saddle, Chilean saddle
- Minimum age: 8 years with parent
- Climate: in summer hot & dry, in winter mild & humid
- Dates: all year around
Ideally we will pick you up in Linares (bus terminal) in the afternoon. After a 40 minutes car ride to our farm cottage in Rari and getting to know your guide over a light snack the adventure begins: you meet your four-legged companions for the first time. If you don’t have any experience in horse riding we will give you a quick intro. Then you can turn some laps in the riding arena to put everything into practise and get comfortable with your horse. Dinner & lodging at farm cottage.
After having breakfast at the farm cottage it is time to get going: we load the mules with everything we need for the camp-out and get ourselves on horse back. After a little while we leave any signs of population behind and enter a beautiful old native forest through that we have to climb up for a while. We have a picnic lunch and rest with a traditional Mate under the shady trees. While we climb further up in the afternoon stunning views of the Precordillera will open up before us. In the evening we reach the best viewpoint and you can see the majestic snow coverd volcano Nevado de Longavi (what means “snake’s head” in Mapudungun, the language spoken by the indiginous people in Chile) with its height of 3.242m surrounded by other mountain peaks. As we stay the night at this lookout you will most probably experience a gorgeous sunset and if you are lucky some mountain goats might even pose for a picture with you. Dinner over the campfire and camp at Rari lookout.
After taking breakfast and packing up the camp in the morning we climb further up until reaching a lookout that presents stunning views of the Volcàn Descabezado and Volàn Quizapú. We will have lunch and relax while we have gracious views. In the afternoon we will discover some more nice views and search a nice space for the night, including campfire.
After breakfast we make our way down towards Rari again. For the lunch break we stay at some natural pools of the river Rari where you can take a refreshing bath. After coming back to the farm cottage in Rari you can pay the local craftsman a visit – Rari is known for it unique crafts made out of “crin” (horse hair). You might even decide to prolong your stay and get some well-deserved rest in the hot springs of Panimávida or Quinamávida.
- Transfer from and to Linares (bus terminal)
- 1-night lodging at the farm cottage on arrival day, 2 nights at campfire
- all meals
- Horse riding with professional guide as specified in trip itinerary
- traditional Chilean Asado (BBQ)
- it is possible to extend the trip by 1 day by combining it with the “Rari Day Ride” or the “Moonshine Ride”
- sleeping bag and tent/tarp
- firm, closed in shoes
- comfortable long pants, long sleeve shirt
- in summer: swimwear, hat, sunscreen & sunglasses, insect repellent
- in winter: warm clothing, rain jacket, hat & gloves
- headlight/ flash light
We love our animals! Please make sure that the weight of your personal equipment does not exceed 20 kg per person, otherwise we have to make arrangements for additional pack animals.
Our sturdy Criollo horses are very well behaved and secure in the mountains. Nevertheless we highly recommend to get a personal travel insurance that covers horse riding as activity.
Please advise us in advance if you have any special meal requirements, allergies/medical conditions or are extremely afraid of heights.
We are excited to meet you! Please inquire about your favourite dates and pricing under Reservations.
- [ninja_form id=2]