Skiing & Riding Experience
Our 6-day Skiing&Riding experience is unique and most authentic:
This tour is special for you, if you love skiing in untouched snow-powder and you want to do something different – far from any other skiing experience. We have just the thing for you!
We only offer this tour once a year!!!
We ride on horseback up to the Andes and discover this breath-taking landscape. Mulas are carrying our gear, food and other essentials. Once we have reached the high pasture with our horses, we will have untouched snow all around us with the most unbelievable views of the Andes Mountain range.
The mountains here in this Melado valley, where we will be skiing are fine to go backcountry skiing with your own equipment. Please be aware that these skiing tours are not guided, so you need to be an experienced backcountry-skier and it’s on your own responsibility.
During the day we will have a nice break and warm meal which will be prepared together and in the evenings we have a warm campfire as we sleep in a small open cave or in tents.
Towards the end of the trip there is some time to have a nice bath or to relax in natural hot springs.
This is a very unique are rare experience in some of the most beautiful mountains of the world.
Have we got you curious? Contact us for specific dates and more information!
- Date: End of September 2019! Please Contact us for specific date.
- Trip length: 6 days + 2 days arrival/departure from our farm
- Riding days: 2 days (about 4-6 hours riding) + when not skiing
- Skiing days: 4 days
- Meeting point: Linares – Bus terminal (4 hours south from Santiago)
Please advise us if you need assistance in organizing a bus ride from Santiago or another city
- Number of participants: between 2 and 8 persons
- Experience: unique combination of skiing & riding at the beginning of our spring in September. witnessing local culture and traditions, bathing in natural hot springs
- Seasonal activities: skiing, snow-walking, building snowmans, …
- Level:intermediate riders, experienced backcountry skiiers
- Equipment: to bring own equipment for backcountry skiing: skis, fur, boots, avalanche detector, etc.
- Horses: Criollo horses
- Saddle: Western saddle, Chilean saddle
- Minimum age: 14 years with parent
- Climate: often sunshine during the day, fresh but dry mountain climate, cold nights
This trip is a real lifestyle experience for adventurous people who love skiing and exploring new things. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Transfer from and to Linares (bus terminal)
- 2-nights lodging at the farm cottage
- all meals while staying at the farm cottage
- food supplies for 6 days (meals will be prepared together)
- horse riding with professional guide as specified in trip itinerary
- traditional Chilean Asado (BBQ)
- it is possible to individually extend the trip or your stay at the farm cottage by various days
- sleeping bag (good quality for minus temperature), camping mat and tent/tarp
- firm, closed-in shoes
- comfortable long pants, long sleeve shirt,
- warm jacket,
- warm underwear
- cap / warm hat
- your skiing equipment: skis, fur, sticks, shoes, avalange detector, shovel… etc.
- hat, sunscreen & sunglasses
- headlight/ flash light
- optional: fishing rod
We love our animals! Please make sure that the weight of your personal equipment does not exceed 20 kg per person, otherwise we have to make arrangements for additional pack animals.
Our sturdy Criollo horses are very well behaved and secure in the mountains. Nevertheless, we highly recommend to get a personal travel insurance that covers horse riding as activity.
Please advise us in advance if you have any special meal requirements, allergies/medical conditions or are extremely afraid of heights.
We are excited to meet you! Please inquire about your favourite dates and pricing under Reservations.
- [ninja_form id=2]